At Recovery Spot we embrace the philosophy that evidence-based medically assisted recovery combined with holistic mind-body focus is the most effective way to motivate people to get well and recover from addiction.
Unlike most programs, we are owned and operated by licensed physicians. Ramesh Sawhney, M.D. and Scott Bienenfeld, M.D. who are board certified in pain management and addiction medicine and specialize in Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT). Every client is thoroughly evaluated and treated by a physician to determine the best course of treatment.
Other, non-medical activities include Yoga, Meditation, Acupuncture, 12-step and mutual help facilitation, Spin Classes, Music and Art groups, spirituality exploration and Sober Socialization.
One of the major benefits of our program is our use of peer-to-peer certified recovery coaches who evaluate and work closely with each client.
Our Recovery coaches are the best in the business and are open to the idea that there are many different paths to recovery and each client’s needs are unique. We truly meet the client where they are. Certain group processes are important for sure, but in addition, each person has their own circumstances and may benefit from different aspects of the program.
For some, AA and 12-step philosophy is the best path while others may respond better to focusing on music and artistic work, exercise and 1:1 therapy. There is no right answer but what we do know is that recovery from addiction is not a one-size-fits-all proposition.
Our Peer Recovery Certified Specialists are all in long term recovery with decades of abstinence. We strongly believe that our experience allows us an advantage that few programs deliver.
In addition to services provided at 67 Irving Place, we also provide mobile recovery services. We will go to the client’s home or place of residence to provide a menu of services including drug testing, sober companionship, 12-step facilitation, and sobriety skill-building
Our Services Include:
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Ketamine Infusions
- Pain Management Support Specialist – Non-Narcotic Pain Management Therapies. Botox, Medical Marijuana, Trigger Point Injections, Ketamine.
- Yoga and Meditation For Addiction
- Psious – A mobile based technology which uses hyper-realistic virtual environments to treat anxiety disorders by virtual gradual exposure.
- Phamacogenomic Testing – Evaluates sensitivity & efficacy of medication.
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Closed and Open Family Interaction Groups
- Sober Living Discussion and Navigation – We help clients navigate the maze of sober living options in and around New York City.
- Group Meditation and Wellness Sessions – Based on Spiritual Discovery and Openness to Emotional Growth
- Stepping Out – Outings in the community
- The Writers Room Open Expression – Stream of Consciousness Writing, Artistic Expression, Painting Therapy
- Drug Testing – We provide an array of drug testing services including “Chain Of Custody” forensic level testing for those who need/require it. We provide random urine drug testing as well as other modalities including hair testing and blood testing for both drugs of abuse as well as prescription medication.
- Client Care and Treatment Navigation
- Sober Companion
- Sober Transport
- Probation/Parole/DWI Support
- One on One Recovery Coaching Options
- Our Coaches – Can set up a program for just a few hours a week, every afternoon, eight hour days, as well as 24 hour 7 day a week supervision
- Tailor our Coaching – To the Individual’s needs; no two coaching programs are alike
Music, Arts & Creative Development – We help clients connect and/or re-connect with music and the arts not only as a way to tap into that important part of recovery, but also as a way to enhance healing of brain areas affected by addiction and pain.
- Neuropsychological Testing – We provide neuropsychological testing to evaluate an array of issues/problems including: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Learning Difficulties, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Cognitive and/or Personality/Mental Health Issues related to chronic drug/alcohol use, Dementia.